Saturday, December 30, 2006

One Day in History

hello everyone...i was told that Saddam was about to be put to death today, but when i switched the big screens on at work i immediately saw a video of part of it, repeated and repeated, but they stopped short of actually showing the act. I didnt know how to react really. i felt sick inside me, i dont know why as this man has killed so many people, but strangely i felt some kind of sympathy for him, almost putting myself in his place, and wondering how i would feel if it was me standing there waiting for the rope around my neck. then i felt guilty for standing there ogling the screen, should they be showing this on the bbc i asked myself? i must be mad wanting to see a man being put to death, but i kept on watching, rooted to the spot.
No doubt within a day or two the whole event will be on the internet, but i just cant help feeling uneasy about the whole thing, or is it me being paranoid?
one thing is for sure, this Saturday 30 December 2006 will be remembered as the day Saddam was hanged.

Tony.

No comments: